A group home for alcohol & other drug dependent persons
- We as a holistic community providing medium term (3-6 Months) accommodation for recovering alcohol and other drug dependent persons.
- The home is supervised by a live in Coordinator and staffed by volunteer ex clients Alcohol and Other Drug counselors.
- Niagara Lodge caters solely for men aged 21 to 39 years. All admissions to this home are direct from detoxification treatment centres or with a clean urine sample on attendance.
- Self-referrals having completed detoxification and then short term or long term rehabilitation programs are most welcome.
- Niagara Lodge is a totally abstinence based program, Anti depressant medications included, with the freedom of a halfway house and the structure and programs of a rehabilitation centre which is twelve Step based.
Clients wishing to be assessed need to:
- Be motivated to change their lifestyle.
- Remain alcohol, drug and gamble free while living in the home.
- Be active within the house sharing duties.
- Implement a savings program for when they move out.
The house is designed to help you with the following:
- Set Immediate, Short Term & Long Term goals.
- Set personal objectives – Contracted weekly.
- Acquire Living Skills through in-house and community based programs.
- If required provide and implement dietary programs.
- Tailored exercise programs.
- Attend appropriate external counselling services, if identified.
- Prepare for re-entry into the workforce or attend a skilled based vocational course.